[DECtalk], Re: sof ar with the files

  • From: Dectalk@xxxxxxx
  • To: dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:30:59 EDT

I'd need to know the song to answer the question.  But see I have a vision
problem myself.  The hardware version didn't care if there was a double less
than or greator than sign, so I had no way of knowing if I had two in a row.
The
software version is much more picky.  So for starters you need to run a
search and replace on all files for double greator and less than signs.
Here, it gows like this.

1.  Search and replace all double greator and less than signs.

2.  Add an "X"after every "Y" unless it's a "YU".

3.  Change the "ZX" tu "ZX".

4.  Put all of my "IM_" voice comands outside of all bracks.

5.  If a time value is missing, throw in 200.  I don't know what happened but
a few songs are missing time values.  It happened as I saved each file.

As far as I know, these are the most needed fixes.  I know of one file,
"Music" by Madonna that I'll have to fix myself.  I forget why, but I know it
got
really messed up when I saved it to my computer.  It works fine on my Vanguard
which has the hardware Dectalk, but in saving it to my computer it got really
screwed up.

SNOOPI

In a message dated 8/21/2003 6:34:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
shwatscoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
i've only had a look at one of the files, and a quick one: I find a "yow"
word - don't know if you meant "nxow" or "nxuw" for you.
also I've  found two grator than >> symbols together: may want to strip one
of them.
Sean