[DECtalk], Re: firmware version

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 23:38:33 -0400

I assume you're talking about the Dectalk Express.
There are a few ways to find out what firmware you're running.  First, send
the following command to the unit
[:version speak]
It will then speak the version number and date of the firmware.
Alternatively, if you have a computer that has speech other than the unit
being tested and a free serial port, and you have a terminal program running
on that computer, point it to a serial port and plug the Dectalk into that
port.  Then turn it on.  The Dectalk Express sends a message over the serial
port at startup and part of this message is the firmware version and date.
Hope this helps.
Jayson.