[DECtalk], Re: copyright

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 00:37:26 -0800

Hi.  Sorry, but it really doesn't matter if a work is made in the US or
not.  Yes, Red Dwarf is British.  However, that doesn't matter to US
copyright laws.  Also, "fan works" don't count.  The fan can give them away
if it is not based on the original, but that's as far as it goes.  Since
they are the actual scripts, this would not count as a fan work really.