[DECtalk], Re: another speech synth

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 04:38:05 -0400

The synth you are referring to is not actually a speech synthesizer,
although it might could be used for that.  It is a program for the Macintosh
computer family called Vocal Writer.  I talked once with the guy who made
several of those files you mentioned and from his description, even if we
could use Vocalwriter on the PC family of computers, it probably wouldn't be
easy if even possible for a blind person to use it.  Some of his arangements
are in the barbershop style, E.G. "Let Me Call you Sweetheart", "Heart of my
Heart", "Keep The Whole World Singing", etc.  I assume these are the types
of files you're talking about?
Also, you said you were thinking of, or planning on, continuing the Red
Dwarf series?  Any idea when the next episode is coming out?
Jayson.