[DECtalk], Re: Wonder why Dectalk sings?

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 23:29:40 -0400

Hi,
Although you probably can't upload wav files directly to this list, I'm sure
the unofficial Dectalk archive would love to get some of your stuff if
you're willing to share it.  The url is http://andrelouis.com/dectalk and I
run an unofficial mirror or maybe it's official now as the archive
maintainer knows about it? at http://jaybird.no-ip.info/dectalk or
ftp://jaybird.no-ip.info/dectalk.  I think if you wish to upload files, you
either point a Windows ftp client to ftp://dectalk:upload@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
if using a console ftp client, connect to andrelouis.com with username
dectalk and password upload.  This is quite obvious, but be sure to upload
your files in binary mode or they will be corrupted beyond repair!  Also, if
there are a lot of these, you could upload them as mp3 files to save space.
I think once you have uploaded some stuff, you write to
dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and in your message indicate what the files are, who
wrote them, any descriptive info, and indicate if there will be more files
to follow.  Andre will probably give you your own directory on the site.
If you would care to share some of your texts, you could upload them to the
archive the same way.  In your message to Andre, you might indicate whether
you want them in your folder or in the text directory.  They have a
directory of many text files of Dectalk singing.
Anybody else, please correct me if I'm wrong about any of these addresses.
Hope this helps!