[DECtalk], Re: Wonder why Dectalk sings?

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 05:50:09 -0400

The Dectalk demos you can download can sing.  I suspect the problem he's
having is that somehow he's not able to get to a low enough level of the
software to send it commands directly.  If you just have JFW running with
Access 32 and put a bunch of Dectalk notation in a notepad document then
tell Jaws to read it, that won't make the Dectalk sing.  You have to
actually be able to get direct access to the Dectalk itself in order to send
it the necessary commands.