[DECtalk], Re: Ok I got it

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:22:39 -0400

Hey there,
Are you planning on releasing an episode every week like aparently was done
before?  Don't know if the original guy who did the Dectalk to mp3
conversion is on this list/still willing to do the job, and I don't have the
exact music track he used so couldn't do it exactly the same.
Yeah, search and replace will get most of the job done, however, there will
be some work to do after that's done.  E.G. adding in tones for multiple
versions of the same character, scene pauses, etc.  Also, if and when you
have to start making up voices for new characters which you probably will!
you'll probably want to chat with Sean Randall to see if he has any tips for
coming up with good voices.  Don't know how he did it!  I mean, how do you
decide what a character should sound like?  I do admit that some of those
voices are actually pretty good general purpose voices.  I think Lister, for
example, is a good voice.  Hope I spelled his name right!
Jayson.