[DECtalk], Re: Mirroring the DECtalk Archive

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 06:49:45 -0800

Hi.  Some context got lost here, but there are various scripts and programs
which will generate index files.  None immediately come to mind, but I know
they are out there.  It wouldn't be hard to write one.  I know there are
perl scripts but that eithe requires Linux or a Windows version of perl.

At 10:45 AM 12/29/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>There may be some limitations here.  Try getting a 500MB sight and
>putting some files on it.  Do not put any files called "default.*" or
>"index.*".  Then send a link and I'll see what the result is.  If there
>is an index of all the files loaded, this is great.  If not it's going
>to be difficult to mirror the archive as you will need to write HTML
>pages with links to all the files!

---
the DECtalk list.
dectalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx