[DECtalk], Re: Is this working?

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:52:15 -0400

Hi,
Heh.  What happened to the dectalk website mentioned at the bottom of these
messages?  When I click on it I get a "can not find server" error from
Internet Explorer.  I have gone to http://andrelouis.com and love it!  Cool
dectalk files there!
Also I have a question about a dectalk express that does not relate to
making it sing.  The old DOS drivers that came with it don't work under
Windows 98 Second Edition, in a DOS box.  I use ASAP for my DOS stuff and
hacked together a little file that will let ASAP use the dtexp without the
drivers but you can't read by screens because some of the commands aren't
there.  Does anybody know if there is a fix that would allow the dtexp
drivers to work, or if anybody's written a 'fake' which looks like the real
thing to a DOS screen reader?