[DECtalk], Re: Important Notice

  • From: "hank smith" <hank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 23:50:40 -0800

then that counts me out then
my hosting provider is in the us.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Baechler" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 10:31 PM
Subject: [DECtalk], Re: Important Notice

Hi all.  I would just like to make one brief suggestion.  I suggest that
the official site is not in the US.  There are legal reasons for this.  My
understanding of most European copyright law is that you can make copies of
material, such as TV scripts, for your own personal use as long as it isn't
sold.  In the US, this is illegal and hosting this material is just asking
for trouble.  If the main site is a non-US site, that would not be as much
of an issue.  Whoever ends up hosting the official site should keep this in
mind.  I don't think it would matter for the mailing list.