[DECtalk], Re: Important Notice

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:37:18 -0800

Hi.  Jayson, this is not secure.  People could still grab from the upload
directory before your script could move files.  The only way around this is
to make the incoming directory unreadable.  That way people could write to
it and nothing else.  They would have to either email you or the list to
announce what the uploaded files are.  Also, I'm still relatively new to
the archive so I don't know how popular it is, but if you get lots of
uploads or if someone tries to crash the server, that might be more of a
mess than you want.  An easier way might be to set up an unprocessed
directory as the IF archive has.