[DECtalk], Re: Important Notice

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 06:54:52 -0800

Hi.  Well, maybe we should move the archive on our own before it gets
removed.  I know of at least one unofficial mirror.  The maintainer is on
this list.  I unfortunately cannot host it due to possible legal problems
in the US.  In particular, the Red Dwarf scripts would have to go, plus
probably some other files.  Also, the server I have access to is primarily
for business.  However, with broadband being so inexpensive, maybe the best
thing would be for someone who cares about the DECTalk to move it and take
it over.  Maybe we should start looking into domain names and other
servers.  Really the only thing I would be able to host is a mailing list.