[DECtalk], Re: DECtalk USB: First Impressions

  • From: "Horspool, Matthew F." <drjaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:18:12 -0000

Graham,

Some of the phonemes in the DECtalk demo don't work with the DECtalk
USB.

When you're using JFW you can't make it sing just like that.  You need
to connect the serial port up, set it to serial, set JAWS to eloquence,
start hyper terminal and manually send a text file to it.  Once you get
used to it, it sounds wonderful!

Mr. Matthew F. Horspool

Send me an Electronic Mail to
drjaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx