[DECtalk], Re: DECTALK 101

  • From: Arnaud <arnaudb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:54:12 +0200

Hello,

Would you know if Fonix will finally be able to put an international
SAPI compatible version to buy?

I heard the french voice for Dectalk, it's pretty bad compared to the
US-english version, but if I could make dectalk sing in french, I
would be happy.

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:24:44 EDT, you wrote:

>I'm copying Corine who is my co-worker at Fonix.  We all know the =
software=20
>versions basically suck.  They have me on it and I gave them samples of =
both=20
>hardware and software versions so they could hear the drastic drop in =
quality. =20
>What happened was they had a turn over in staff who haven't worked with =
the=20
>hardware version.  So they at first couldn't understand what I was =
talking about.=20
> But I think they tracked down the bug for the next release.  I haven't =
heard=20
>the latest fix, so I don't know if they found the problem.  I love the=20
>hardware version myself.
>Anyway, Fonix is looking for some blind listeners for fast speech rate=20
>listening.  Personally I wish they would fix the regular rate before =
worrying about=20
>the faster rates for the blind, but I can't control what they do.  But =
if=20
>anyone on this list is blind and would like to test, let me know and =
I'll pass it=20
>along.
>
>Also, I have a Dectalk game I'd like to popose to this list.  I have 900=
 song=20
>files that need converting so they all work on the software version. =20
>Basicalyy the "Y" needs to now be "YX" with the acception of "YU".  And =
I have a few=20
>"<<" and ">>" instead of "<" and ">".  I have a friend trying to fix my =
files,=20
>but he has very little time.  So I'm thinking that if a few of you are=20
>interested, we could divide up the work and turn it into a race or =
something.  We=20
>would have to think of a prize or something, but if you all love =
Dectalk, this=20
>could be fun!
>

>SNOOPI
>

>In a message dated 8/19/2003 6:25:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,=20
>nick6489@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>Thank god!  Finally, some one who is helping with the newer dectalks.  =
It's