[DECtalk], My mirror

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 07:40:25 -0400

Ok, I have decided to do something which will make the webpages of my mirror
look a bit different.  I've cleaned up the major mess in there.  The reason
for the difference is that I'm no longer using the index.html files from
Andrelouis.com/dectalk.  A few of those are set up to grab the files
directly from andrelouis.com which, in my case, defeats the purpose of
having a mirror in the first place.  So for simplicity's sake, I have
deleted those.  The reason they look different is that two different web
servers are generating the indexes.  On the Andrelouis.com site, somebody
told me it looked like an IIS generated index, which probably means Windows,
whereas my site is running Apache under Linux.  My view is that even though
the web indexes, which serve no purpose other than as an index to the
content, look different, since the actual content being mirrored is
identical, it is still a mirror.  Just my $0.02 worth.