[DECtalk], Is this working?

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:06:55 -0400

Hey there.  I'm brand new to this list.  Is this list pretty active?  I love
listening to singing Dectalk stuff and have thought of making my own.  I used
to make Dectalk sing back in the mid '90's.  My first song was a version of
"Happy Birthday" which only used one voice.  The only thing I've ever done that
used two voices singing in harmony is a stupid little song to the tune of part
of the Westminster Chimes.  Um did I spell that right?  It was really dumb
though and I quickly erased it.  Just downloaded the demo this morning and am
having fun with it.  We have four Dectalk Expresses in the house and some
PC1's.  On a related subject, if anybody knows of someone who's willing to sell
a Dectalk PC2 for $29.95 let me know!  Yeah right like I can really see that.
But I'd love to get my hands on one.  Where do you get them and how much do
they cost?