[DECtalk], Flinger first impressions

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:36:09 -0400

Just got approved for Flinger and downloaded it.  I ran the test program and
it actually sounds pretty good singing that short midi.  One thing I have
not found yet is a way to save the output to a .wav file rather than sending
it to the sound card.  If there's no way, that would be a major drawback to
Flinger.  You'd either have to record it to a digital medium E.G. DAT,
Minidisk, etc. then rerecord it to the PC, or better yet, use a program like
Total Recorder to make the recording.