[DECtalk], Dectalk archive mirror?

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 06:46:03 -0500

Has anybody ever thought of setting up a mirror of the Dectalk archive?
That would certainly allow people to have more than one source.  For
example, if Andrelouis.com was having a low-bandwidth moment you could go to
the mirror and maybe it'd be better.  There is a program called wget that
can automate a lot of the downloading, etc, to keep a mirror current.  I
really couldn't host one on a permanent basis on my PC as I only have an
ADSL connection and run Windows 98, and the system is subject to getting
rebooted, etc.  But it's just a thought.
jayson