[DECtalk], Dectalk Express questions

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 21:26:22 -0500

Hi,
I am in need of a Dectalk Express part.  I need one of the little
adapters that plugs into the Dectalk cable that looks like a phone
cord plug and turns it into a standard nine-pin female serial
connector.  Where do you get these?  Is Phonix supporting the
Dectalk Express?
Also I have a question about something that might damage a Dectalk
Express but want to see if anybody else has been brave or stupid
enough to try it.  As mentioned in an earlier message I like the
Digital Dectalk speech better than the Force/Phonix one.  So I'm
wondering if it would be possible to take a Force Dtexp 4.61 and
flash upgrade, er, I mean downgrade, it to a version 4.2CD from
Digital.  Has anybody tried this and does it work?  I don't want to
try it myself until I have some other peoples' experiences because
I don't want to turn a perfectly working Dectalk Express into a
paperweight.

---
the DECtalk list.
dectalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx