[DECtalk], Converting midi files to Dectalk?

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:09:16 -0500

Just by accident while doing a Google search earlier this morning, I came
across a thread on this list about converting midi files to the format used
to make Dectalk sing.  It was suggested to use a program to convert from
midi to RTTL, but aparently I can't find that program at that site any more.
Does anybody have this program, or any other suggestions for taking a midi
file and converting it into something that can be used to make Dectalk sing?
Is the RTTL format near enough to the Dectalk format to make search and
replace easy?  What's it like?