[DECtalk], Any way to put comments in Dectalk files?

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:35:36 -0500

Today I was thinking it would be cool if you could insert comments in
Dectalk files that would be totally ignored, and not spoken, by the synth.
That way, when you look at the file ten million years from now you'll
remember what the heck you were doing, and somebody else would be able to
tell what you were doing too.  However, I have not found a way to do that
yet.  I tried doing a [:error ignore] then using a nonexistant command, E.G.
[:rem "My remarks go here."]
But in the previous example, the text
My remarks go here.
would still get spoken. Any solutions?