[DECtalk], A few questions.

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 08:13:04 -0500

Ok I'm finally off the Softvoice quest I was asking everybody about.  It
appears those files were produced by Vocal Writer, a Mac only program that
can sing words in midi music, etc.  I do have a few questions though.
First of all, where do you guys get your sound effects you use in some of
those files?  E.G. doors opening and closing, footsteps, etc?
Also, several years ago we purchased a Dectalk Express and it came with a
bunch of song files on a second disk.  They included such songs as "Do you
know the Way to San Jose", "She's Too Fat for Me", "Oklahoma", "The
Godfather", "Anchors Away", "Do a Deer" among others.  I lost them somehow
over the years.  Does anybody here know what the origin of those files was,
and if they can be obtained anywhere online?