[Debatewise RRT] RRT debates

  • From: Alexander Helling <ahelling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: debatewiserrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:42:01 +0100

Hello RRT,

                    The winners of the WODC were Canada. Otherwise I have
nothing to announce so to the debates...

Alex

Debates: See forum <http://debatewise.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99> and
task list <http://debatewise.info/index.php/tasks/one-hour-tasks>
Is the rate of unemployment amongst young people a class war disguised as a
generation war?

Is the knowledge gained from taking the life in the UK test useful if
becoming a citizen of the UK?

The United States needs to re-orientate its foreign policy away from the
Middle East and towards East Asia.

Should all parents read to their children?

Multiple choice debate (I am sure the intro for these is getting longer!)

This House would force Greece to leave the Eurozone

This House would, as a Eurozone member, withdraw from the Euro

This House would withdraw financial support from the Greek government

This House would not bail out Greece

<http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/16/us-greece-crisis-poll-idUSTRE78F44V20110916>

Hmm another potentially interesting Roma debate (this has been done
successfully in Brazil - although of course not with Roma):
Is it correct to bind Roma parents' social benefits to their children’s
school attendance? <http://debatewise.org/debates/3663>

--
*Alex Helling
*

The International Debate Education Association (IDEA) UK
96a Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3AA | 020 3393 7223 | info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered charity in England and Wales.  Registered number: 1139452