[Debatewise RRT] Debates February 15th

  • From: Alex Helling <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: debatewise rrt <debatewiserrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 19:26:09 +0000 (GMT)

Evening everyone,

slightly smaller selection than usual as I ran out of time. I am trying to move
the rapid response team topics to be slightly more general questions, though
preferably still ones that have been in the news over the previous week or two
(it makes it easier to find links!) This is to try and make sure that debates
are more relevant over the long term. The result may well be that the the
numbers sent out drop to between 6 and 8 rather than between 8 and 10. This
should
not be too much of a problem as the numbers being taken has declined over the
last year or so (in large part for the good reason that you generally seem more
willing to decide on your own topics).

The other thing is that as we have changed to IDEA my main
email address has changed to ahelling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(I have not yet gotten round to adding it to the list – not sure I want
everything sent to yet another email address!)

Alex

As usual find links/intros on the forum and
the tasklist

The Bank of England should raise interest rates.

There is a split in the Republicans.

Spy on green movements.

We live in a G-Zero world.

Same sex civil partnerships should be allowed to happen in
religious settings.

On the site:

Support
autocrats.

Since he has now been charged with paying for sex with an under
age prostitute I thought I would give you this debate again:

The
Italians should throw out Berlusconi.