[Debatewise RRT] Re: Copenhagen conference global youth panel moderation

  • From: Kim redgrave <kim_redgrave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <debatewiserrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 19:44:11 +0000

Hi

Yes I can definitely do some moderating. I already have a wave invite from you
but I might need some tips on how to use it when I get stuck in.

Kim

From: alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: debatewiserrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Debatewise RRT] Copenhagen conference global youth panel moderation
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 17:32:27 +0000

Hi everyone,

I am writing to check who is willing to take part as a
moderator in the debates we are running on the Copenhagen conference on climate
change.

I have gone back through the emails sent back through the
mailing list about who wishes to help with moderating our global youth panel
debates that are starting tomorrow. At the moment on that list I have:

Amie Tsang

Mwenehu Fondo

Michael Archer – possibly

Kim Redgrave – possibly

Timothy Johnson – possibly

Jasmin Ademovic

Harriet Lowe – possibly

Sarah Lynch

Gary
Cocker

Vee Moda – possibly

If there is anyone else wanting to take part please email
us and can those who I have down as possible please give a definite yes or no.

The details: As will all our debates this is taking place
online, in this case on google wave so I need you to reply asap so that we can
give you a google wave invite. We mostly need the moderators to do the usual
kind of things, delete any bad language and calm things down if things get
personal. Mostly I think the job will involve editing the main point so that it
reflects the discussion that has gone on below it. Think of this as editing the
point of a Debatewise debate if there has been a lot of discussion on ‘join
the debate’ and you then make the point so that that discussion is
reduced and summarised on the point.

Time required: well as much as possible! However as with
all our requests this is purely voluntary so it is really as much as you can
spare. Our number of google wave invites are restricted so we would like to
avoid you applying and then doing nothing. About an hour or two a day would be
good (does not need to be evenly spread). The debates themselves will be going
on all the time so when you can do the moderating does not matter.

So please get back to us,

Regards,

Alex

http://debatewise.org/cop-15

I have added the original email from David below.

Hi,

As those who got the newsletter will know, we are running
a big initiative around the COP15 event.  We’re forming a panel of 1,000
young people from 100 different countries and will ask them to debate events
that happen during and after the conference itself.  The idea is to provide a
sense of what young people around the world think of the decisions made there.

This project has really taken off and there are two developments
I’d like to tell you about.  The first is that The Independent will be
partnering with us, covering the debates, trying to get leading climate change
experts to provide commentary and hopefully getting opinion pieces as a result.

Secondly, Google have given us 1,000 invites for their
game-changing new technology Google Wave.  Wave takes online collaboration to a
whole new level; we’ll run all the debates in Wave and will publish them
to Debatewise for others to read.

This is a very big deal, and not only because invites for
Wave were being sold on eBay for £100 each.  But also because we’re
providing Google with one of the first real-world, large-scale, focussed
demonstrations of the collaboration benefits Wave provides.

I’m telling you this partly because being on the
Rapid Response team means you get to hear this kind of stuff first. Secondly to
ask if you want to be involved.

We’re looking for people to help moderate the
debates in Wave.  You’ll need to have quite a lot of spare time between
7th – 18th December, will be interested in the environment and will be
willing to help steer people in the right direction.  You’ll obviously
get a Wave invite and lots of good karma to boot.

Questions, enquiries, applications by email or phone.

Dave

Use Revisewise @ http://revisewise.debatewise.com/

Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394592/direct/01/