[ddots-l] Re: virtual instruments not playing

  • From: "Steve Wicketts" <steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 23:53:53 +0100

Hi Neville,

a few questions, sorry if some are obvious.
Is Jaws saying "instrument not found" or is it you just have no sound?
Have you a second midi keyboard you could try?
Are previous projects playing when you load them?
Is your sound card powered?
Are all plug sockets and jacks plugged in securely?
Monitor switched on?
Monitor levels up?
Is the level up on your controller keyboard? they maybe set to CC7 so turning the internal softsynths down,

I had no sound a few Weeks ago, My separate external drives switched places again so all the paths were mixed up so I had no sounds, Darren from the list helped me by simply taking the computer back to a point before the problem occurred. .

Steve W

----- Original Message ----- From: "neville" <neville@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>