[ddots-l] Re: use pentagon as vocoder

  • From: John Schucker <gwynn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 21:27:19 -0600

Hi Phil. First of all, thanks for the great work you do. I have a question though.

So I open up a new project with the standard two audio, two midi, insert pentagon I on the first audio track, assign an input, assign the output of the first midi track, track 3, to the pentagon. Then I hit ctrl-y on the midi track's output to open the pentagon, hit ctrl-alt-shift-f1 twice quickly, load the pentagon I set, and hit alt-shift-l. It says it fails because it was expecting Pentagon I for the window name, but it has a different window name. I've also tried inserting the Pentagon I on the audio track and loading the hsc set and doing alt-shift-l in the window that opens when I insert the pentagon I, before anything else, and it gives the same message. What am I doing wrong?

The window that opens immediately after inserting the Pentagon I is something like 3rgc Pentagon I or such. I can get the exact name if you can tell me how to do it, I tried going into the jaws virtual viewer but that didn't have the window title, alas. The window that opens if I hit ctrl-y on the output of the midi track is similar but it's like 3 Pentagon I 1 1 or such, more like the typical Sonar name from caketalking for softsynth output tracks.

All of this boils down to me probably using the hsc set incorrectly, so if you'll set me straight, I'd truly appreciate it, (smile).