[ddots-l] surface controllers

  • From: Mike C <m_dsmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 22:22:41 -0500

Hi Guys I am on the look out for a surface controller which is not to complex.
My main goal for automating tracks is to basically automate the volume, pan,
and effects.  I was wondering is there an inexpensive surface controller which
can accomplish this?
I went to my dealer and enquired about the Mackie Universal controller, and the
behrenger f2000, is this considered to be a pretty decent surface controller,
or am I stuck in going Mackie?
I do plan to upgrade as well my Mackie 1402 to a onyx 1620, or Mackie Onxy
1640, with the firewire sound card.  Any help regarding this would be greatly
appreciated.