[ddots-l] sonar patch

  • From: russell Bourgoin <rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:13:11 -0400

Hi,

Sent this message to midi-mag but thought I'd send it here for more coverage. Sorry for making some of you see it twice.
Hi guys and gals,

I finally managed to get the 11 meg file downloaded. Unfortunately, I installed it before I read messages between then and now and found that folks were having troubles with this patch. I thought, well that can't have happened to me. Wrong!!!!

I fired up jaws, which I use only for sonar, fired up sonar, opened a project that played fine before introducing the new patch, and, like others have reported, got only returned to beginning when I tried playing the project via the space bar. Oh bother, as Pooh would say. I tried recording and got the recording error message that had been reported. Luckily, for me, I did a restore point before instlling the patch, so I should be able to get back to the pre-patched sonar 4.02, I hope. That's a project for tomorrow morning, or should I say later today, after some shut-eye. Has anyone been able to fathom what's wrong with the 4.03 patch? The features that it advertises seem desireable as I did have a drop out a couple of days ago in a five track audio project, a situation that I hoped would have been fixed via this latest patch and the updated audio engine. I'll hit the hay for now, and hopefully find advice here when I rise that will preclude me from having to run the restore.

Thanking you in advance,
Rusty

"Be happy. Talk happiness. Happiness calls out responsive gladness in others. There is enough sadness in the world without yours." (Helen Keller)

Check out my web site at:
http://www.thesoundzone.com