[ddots-l] selecting/key malfunctions/saving projects

  • From: "Brian Kijewski" <sitedblind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 13:16:30 -0500

Hello:
First off, I have a problem when selecting between the from and through in
Sonar.
I can set both of them and I can use my control enter to select the specific
track between these points, but when I hold down control and press enter
three times to select all of the tracks between the from and through, it
says that it worked, but when I use my control shift enter to find out, Jaws
says something like: "tracks 1 through 16 are selected from 1.1 to 10450".
Because of this, I cannot make a change to the entire portion because it
does not select properly. I have to press control enter on the first track
and then go down track by track and press control double enter in order to
select all of the tracks. This is extremely time-consuming. Any suggestions?
Also, I have one project that is about 56 tracks long. When I pass track
50 or so, keys do not work right. Jaws often skips volume and pan and takes
me right to the arm or solo column. When I do a shift 1 to bring me to the
name column, it will bring me to the maximize strip column or something
strange like that. Any suggestions for this?
Lastly, if I want to back up my cakewalk files onto disc so that I can
retrieve them if my computer crashes or something, should I save them as
.cwb files (cakewalk bundles)? I originally just saved them to floppy as
.cwp files, but I found the audio data folder and realized that there are
.wav files in there that correspond to the .cwp files. Therefore, if I just
save the .cwp files and my harddrive needed to be re-formatted or something,
I have a feeling that I'd lose my project's audio, even though I still have
the .cwp files. Am I correct?
Thanks a lot!
Brian

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology

first two months FREE*.

** ddots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq