[ddots-l] Re: recording acoustic guitars

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 09:51:40 -0400

yep, you want the highest signal to noise ratio.

At 09:06 AM 8/30/2012, you wrote:

Flat on the E.Q. knobs of the guitar (or click position), and go to both extremes with the output volumes, and the input volume of your sound card. Find out which produces the most hum, and which produces the least hum, and yet will provide the highest volume level with the least hum.

Try to not pre color your sounds, record the natural characteristics of the instrument that it produces, and then use post program E.Q. on your tracks. as the mix demands.