[ddots-l] Re: question about strings

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 20:24:00 -0400

When you get experienced, and get picky, you find that you can't just make it
with a single VST, keyboard, or sample library.

If I had to get by with a single board, I'd choose the Motif any day, as it
does a fair job at most everything, and a great job at many things. That's why
I love to use it stand-alone for writing, as it's all integrated, all
sounds/effects in one box, no tweaking VSTs, program settings, crashes, etc.
You push a button and get a sound, you push a button and record, you push a
button and select an effect, etc. Much faster than spending lots of time trying
to dial up the perfect sound, with the perfect effects chain, on the computer.

Still, when it is time for a final version, other tools are needed for the
sounds that I'm picky about.

Bryan