[ddots-l] Re: question about microphones

  • From: "Omar Binno" <omarbinno@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 23:06:17 -0500

I have the rode k2, and it's awesome!

Omar Binno

Website: www.omarbinno.com
AIM: LOD1116
Skype: obinno1
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: D!J!X!
  To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2010 11:04 PM
  Subject: [ddots-l] Re: question about microphones

  So it's agreed that the rode nt1a is good for vocals? Somebody was trying to
sell me one of those, i heard it was good for vocals, but the sources weren't
too convincing, does any of you know from experience? I was thinking of getting
either a c1 or c3 for vocal work, of course later on i'll be expanding, but i'm
now getting into the actual recording of vocals, for quite some time i've been
doing a lot of mixing, mastering arranging and recording tracks. I want to get
something that has a nice warm feeling for general vocals. I was thinking of
ribbon mikes for the brass/winds, but not too sure on that as they are too
delicate for my taste... I know that a shure would probably do me well, but
need to consider my alternatives and make an informed decisions, get stuff
that'll work for a few various projects till i can get money to buy some more
specific mics for different types of recordings...

  Regards, D!J!X!