[ddots-l] question about microphones

  • From: "Len Viljoen" <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 19:58:02 +0200

Hi all. I'm thinking of purchasing a good quality vocal microphone for
myself for studio recording purposes. I hear and read that capasitor or
microphones are used these days instead of dynamic microphones and that they
use phantom power. I understand those things but now I must purchase a good
one. The shops hear don't keep stock of those kind of microphones so it is
very difficult to get one to test with. I just wondered what some of you
guys are using? I know you get mikes that are very expensive like the numan
u87 and so on but I don't have that kind of money haha. I think this can be
a gnice discussion.

Kind regards

Len Viljoen