[ddots-l] Re: problem with new sonar patch

  • From: russell Bourgoin <rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 11:10:51 -0400

Hi Phil,

        Well, the message says:

edirol vcs (synth rack)

The feedback loop is really disconcerting, too. Before this whole mess started, I would open sonar, go to an audio track, press control and a, and then my motif, through its audio outputs, would play nicely. Now, as soon as I press control a, the feedback begins, swells and the only way I can stop it is to pull the ac power plug from the back of my computer. Its a deep reverb feedback loop that starts up. I have no microphone or mixer or any such thing in the system. I just have the motif plugged into inputs 1 and 2 of my delta 1010 card. Very wierd!

If I ever get this sorted out, I'll ghost my system at that point so I won't get myself into this fix again. You wouldn't think that just adding a tested patch would cause all of the chaos (grin). I almost am at the point wher I feel like saying, give me tape!

Rusty
> At 10:36 AM 8/1/2005, Phil Muir spake thusly:-
Yup, you have some plug-ins that you have neglected to install. They could be Sonar ones, free ones
or, perhaps some other ones that you have purchased. Note: when you install Sonar, only some audio
plug-ins will installed by default.

You could try opening the project that is giving you the error message about some plug-ins being
missing. You could then read the "read only list" of plug-ins that are missing and make a note of
it. Do that and let us know which plug-ins are missing. I am sure I will be able to sort this one
out.

Regards, Phil Muir

P J Muir Productions