[ddots-l] Re: problem with new sonar patch

  • From: "Kevin L. Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:13:35 -0700

Should we conclude that 4.03 is Toast?
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Gordon Kent
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2005 7:00 PM
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: problem with new sonar patch

Hello omar and everybody else:
Well, I was hoping it wasn't going to come to this.  On my xp pro
machine,
the sonar 4.03 does not run.  It exhibits the same behavior that Omar
has
just described.  I spent many hours while this was in beta trying all
sorts
of combinations of uninstalling with and without jaws loaded, removing
other
synths and plug-ins, etc.  The folks at cakewalk  gave me a few
suggestions
to try too, but I never did get it to work.  They thought it was due to
faulty 4.02 patch that I might have gotten my hands on, but this is not
the
case.  Mike mandel also had the same problem, but for some reason he was

able to get it working.  He completely uninstalled his entire cakewalk
directory, removed all registry keys that had to do with cakewalk and
then
reinstalled sonar 4.  I really wantedt to avoid doing that, but I think
once
I get my new machine fully operational (4.03 works fine on this
machine),
I'll go to that extreme.  The new machine never had anything on it
earlier
than Sonar 4.  For anyone who experiences this problem, the only
solution is
to uninstall sonar and reinstall, patching it up only to 4.02.  I am
very
sorry that this is happening to others besides me.  I hdad chalked it up
the fact that both Mike and I have so much crap on our systems that
something else may have amade it go awry.  We were both running betas of

gigastudio, and both had project 5 version 2.  Omar, what OS do you have
on
your system?
Gord