[ddots-l] Re: problem between module and sonar

  • From: "Bryan Smart" <BSmart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 14:01:53 -0500

Hi Omar.

I've attached a small (2KB) file that should be of assistance to those of
you that are using an XV5080 with Sonar. Not sure if the list takes
attachments, so if you don't get this file, then e-mail me off-list and I'll
send it to you. Its so small, though, I thought that I'd just throw it out
on the list for anyone that wants it.

This is a System Exclusive dump that I made which will cause the XV5080 in
Performance mode to operate a little like the Motif ES in Song mode. Once
you send this to the XV, then the first three channels will automatically
call up the appropriate effects for whatever voice that you assign to them.
SO, for example, if you select a distorted guitar on channel 1 the
distortion will work, if you select a rhodes on channel 2 the autopanner
will work, etc. Works for the first three channels only, since the XV only
has three multi fx units. All other channels are dry. You can still use
reverb/chorus CCs on them, though.

  _____

 TO use this, go into SysEx view in Sonar. Press o for open, and navigate to
the sysEx file. Pick it. WHen back in the SysEx view, press p and set the
port where your XV is connected. Now, press s to send the bank.

If you want the bank to automatically send each time the project is loaded,
you can turn that on by pressing a. You could also put this in your default
template, so that the XV is always initialized before you start sequencing.

Hope that this helps.

Bryan