[ddots-l] Re: order of converting before mixing down to waive in Sonar

  • From: Stacy Blackwell <stacy.blackwell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:05:50 -0600

Hi, Berhane.  Phil explained this and it makes a lot of sense.  If you'd like
to save the wear on your PC power, then you can bounce your soft synths to
become audio tracks.  You have to select each individual synth's MIDI and audio
track(s).  The Bounce Track command is in the Edit menu I think.  JAWS will
announce the length of time it takes to bounce these tracks.  When done, you
will find a new track added to the bottom of the Track Pane.  It will say
Entire Mix but you can rename it however you wish, because now it is a total
audio track.  Now you can Alt R to archive the selected MIDI/audio track(s)
since you don't need them anymore.  I generally then hide these tracks as well
so I don't have to deal with them anymore.  But, if you feel you need to redo
something, you can unarchive the synth's MIDI/audio tracks and edit, delete the
previously bounced track, and then again bounce.  When you have many soft
synths being used in a project, I always thought it was best to bounce to save
the synth from taxxing the PC, but I guess it depends on how powerful your
machine is.

From: bkw11@xxxxxxx
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: order of converting before mixing down to waive in Sonar
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 20:35:14 -0500

By the way, what is the main purpose of bouncing Tracks?
Thank you,
Berhane

From: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:42:29 +0000

No you don't need too.  further more, if your not getting any drop outs then,
you don't need to freeze any softsynthes either.