[ddots-l] (no subject)

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "DancingDots" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 01:24:22 -0500

Hello guys, I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions for an audio
interface that works well on the pc and with sonar? I'm looking for good mic
preAmps, 16+ inputs, rock solid drivers under windows 7 x64 and modern
computer hardware. So far I'm leaning towards the FocusRite saffire pro40,
but I'm researching to see if there are any better alternatives before i
take the plunge. I'm looking in the range of 400 to 500 dollars. At this
point, I'm not too concerned with control panel accessibility, the unit
itself is what concerns me. Any suggestions?

Also, the saffire pro40 has 8 physical inputs, and then an adat port. What
would I have to get to add more physical inputs to the saffire through the
adat port? I've heard some mention of such a thing, but forgot the name and
have no idea what is good and how much it'd cost.

Finally, anybody interested in a m-audio delta1010lt PCI card? 10 ins, 10
outs, 2 mic preAmps, 1 pair of SPDIF digital in/out, word clock, midi, rock
solid! It might not do well on newer systems, thus why I had to exchange it,
but if you know that it works on your system, or if you already have one and
you just want to add more i/o to your setup (you can use upto 4 of these
together), this card is killer! he hardware is in great condition,
everything works! Note that this is the lt, not the one with the breakout
box, but it does have the 2 preAmps with switchable input gain/types.

Thanks for any responses/suggestions/info you can provide!

P.S. I'm troubleshooting Email problems, so if this message gets to the list
multiple times, I appologize in advance!

Regards,  D!J!X!