[ddots-l] new computer and DAW blues!

  • From: "bob Reid" <info@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 21:51:42 -0400

Hi.  I don’t have a specific question at this time.  I just want to rant for a
moment.

    Del Optiplex, I7 processor with several cores, 8 gigs of ram, Windows 7 Pro
64, new Focusrite Saffire 14 with Phil’s working hot spots, Sonar 8.5.3 with
Cake Talking patched all the way up to the latest and I still get errors,
latency problems with soft synthes and over all slow performance.  WTF?  I have
spent more time mucking with this new system than I have enjoying it.  At least
the new sound card/rack mount sounds great through the stereo.  Things may
improve once I figure out how the route channels and mixes with the hot spots.
I truly appreciate all the work that so many people have done to make Sonar 64
and Cake Talking the best that it can be.  I must be doing something wrong in
Windows 7, Saffire Mix Control or somewhere else.

    Any ideas are welcome.
Bob.