[ddots-l] Re: mix down question

  • From: "D!J!X!" <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 03:14:46 -0400

You can turn all the tracks down by a certain amount of volume, say 3 or 6
db. Or if you are sending the entire mix to a master bus, reduce the volume
of the bus by 3-6 db. Though the term mixdown has the word down in it, it
does nothing to your volume levels per say, it merely mixes down, or takes
all your tracks and makes a stereo file out of them.  You have to adjust the
volume  before mixdown to get the result you want.

HTH, D!J!X!