[ddots-l] Re: minimum computer requirements for sonar 8.5

  • From: "Gordon Kent" <dbmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 23:22:31 -0400

Hello:
well, with win xp on my i7 based dual quad system, I can load up on soft synths
and plugs to my heart's content and my cpu usage never goes above 20% at 128
buffers.  One thing that does help though is the uad2 duo card which has great
onboard dsp and an absolutely astonishing suite of plug-ins, especially if
you're into vintage stuff. The neve and ssl channel strips are something else,
and they have all kinds of vintage stuff like fairrchild compressors and
rolland delays and chorus, as well as wonderful reverbs.  I can use tons of
stuff at once, I've never maxed up the card.
Gord