[ddots-l] Re: live performance recording

  • From: Stacy Blackwell <stacy.blackwell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:44:47 -0500

Hi.  I'd like to add that it would be best to find a recorder that will record
many tracks simultaneously.  If no external effects are using the auxiliary
sends on the mixer, then you can use all of these to individualize your
signals.  In other words, you could send the vocal out through AUX 1, the drums
out of AUX 2, bass out of AUX 3, and so on.  Then later you can mix the
individual sounds.  If you must send all music, say through AUX 2, then you
will need to monitor the volumes of the instruments on that input channel
(headphones) on the recorder.  If not, then you might wind up with the bass
overpowering everything on that one channel.    I use to do this with the
Yamaha MD8 that was a fantastic little machine in its day, but I had to use
analog outs to burn a CD.  I still ahve this Yamaha MD8 with 13 Data Disks if a
low vision person is interested in purchasing.  Later!

From: omarbinno@xxxxxxxxx
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: live performance recording
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 06:47:55 -0400

Thanks a bunch Steve, I'll check up on the mixer's specs, and if everything is
well, than I should be able to work with it. Thanks again.