[ddots-l] Re: keyboard lessons

  • From: "Steve Wicketts" <steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:08:07 +0100

Hi Len,

This it a tricky one as you haven't really give us any idea of how well you can
play?
1: Do you understand music scales?
2: if the answer is yes to question 1, Do you use the right fingering for
scales?
3: are you able to play scales in contrimotion?

The scales are so boring yet so important to know them well.
I can only say from my own experience, I 'now am able to learn very complex
music once it's slowed down, however, I was taught by teachers on a one to one
level all the scales and fingering techniques.

I still slip up once in a while, below is a YouTube clip that someone recently
recorded from one of my Shows in the UK.
near the end of the clip I shut up singing so you can hear my piano playing.
the backing track you hear I recorded and produced using Sonar, it's simply a
mono video camera recording the performance.
I am well aware that there are far superior piano players on this list, that's
partly what inspires me to keep pushing the boundaries.

http://www.youtube.com/steveasjerry#p/a/u/1/zgF51o0Yms8

Steve W