[ddots-l] Re: introducing sonar x3

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 15:19:04 -0400

Hey I didn't know about cakewalk's change in management/ownership? Thought
Roland was still holding that down? Anyways, I just wrote to another list
about that, they've provided  UI automation and other "microsoft
accessibility technologies for windows", so I think that's as far as they'll
get. Much like they did with the CW access window that both current jaws
script solutions have used in combination with control surface DLL's since
sonar 2. I guess the rest of the work has to be done by screen reader
developers, or should I say scripters. The issue is that the entire
interface is now different, so as we all know that means rewriting much of
the scripts (if not all) from scratch. So yea, we are at a bridge, various
things to look at and consider. Sonar is now 3 versions behind for us in
terms of access.

You are right about reaper, I've heard of good results people are having on
it, even with top-end AMD machines (which many would tell you are no good
for daws, though I might disagree). With about 500 bucks, somebody can get a
full DAW system running with reaper, and with amazing results.

On the Sonar front, did they provide a specific list of those "minor
improvements"? I looked but couldn't find 1.

Regards, D!J!X!