[ddots-l] guitar rig 3 not loading after installing Sonar 8.5 producer. Any suggestions?

  • From: "Cameron" <cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 20:11:36 -0400

Hi all.  Yesterday I uninstalled sonar 8.31 and installed Sonar 8.5, the
8.51 patch, and the latest snapshot of JSonar.  Everything seems fine thus
far, except for guitar rig 3.  Whenever I try to load it, it says the
following plug in failed to load, then it gives the path to the vst plug in
folder in the cakewalk folder.  It doesn't give any freaking reason why or
solution.  All there is is the okay button.  This is less than helpful.

When I rescan failed and existing vst plug ins however, everything is fine,
I don't get any faled to load messages etc.

But, when I try to load guitar rig 3 after the scan, I get the exact same
error.

now, I uninstalled sonar 8.31, but, I did not uninstall guitar rig 3 or the
ni service center.  If you run guitar rig 3 stand alone, it seems to load
okay, but it wil not load in sonar.

I have an idea.  I did a complete install and perhaps the guitar rig 3 .dll
file was overwritten?  But that being said, there was not a "file already
exists, would you like to replace" sort of dialogue box.  The installation
was not interrupted for any reason.

Any suggestions?

I loaded guitar rig 3 when I was still using Sonar 8.31 and you can actually
get to approx fourty of the presets from the presets list of the plug in's
window.  I'm also wondering if there is a way to add them all to that preset
list.  That would be neat.

Thanks,

Cameron.