[ddots-l] Re: first project, Abba intro

  • From: "Ivan Lopez" <ivanlop@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 07:13:49 -0600

Hello Steve,

Good job. Two observations: (1) it appears to be a little mecanical (tempo) and (2) some of the instruments make it sound like the old midi recordings. Did you deliveretly intend to make it sound this way?

Ivan

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:09:38 -0000
"Steve Wicketts" <steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone,

After purchasing Sonar 7 and a new Computer, I got so nervous about learning new technology, I put them both in a cupboard for about 18 Months.

Darren Heartland from the forum was the guy who eventually persuaded me to grab the bull by the horns.

If it wasn't for Darren Heartland, Phil Muir, Brian Smart, Tim Burgess and many others who took time to answer my sometime stupid questions, I would have
never got my head around this fantastic technology.

This is my first completed project using Sonar 7.
Everything on this track except Dimension Pro, is simply the softsynths and effects plugins that come with Sonar 7.
I'd been ask to write an Intro for a Abba tribute band.
They didn't just want a medley of Abba tracks, they wanted something a little more classy. I came up with the idea of creating a kind of Abba medley mash up. Below is a link to Darren Heartland's web site as I don't quite understand yet how you upload music.

http://www.darrenhartland.com/starintros/starintros.html

Steve W

Iván A. López
General Manager
Undergraduate Mentoring
  and Coaching, LLC

Cell: (505) 514-5883
Email: admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
Website: http://www.umcs.us.com/

Making decisions to successfully complete your degree:
UMCS, LLC