[ddots-l] emergency help needed on an audio interface

  • From: "Damon Fibraio" <dfibraio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:56:50 -0400

OK, so I am buying a computer from adk pro audio through Dancing Dots. I get
a call telling me that it is possible that my tascam fw1884 may not work
with the new system due to some conflict that nobody can seem to track down.
I can use it for midi and control surface functionality, but if the unit
conflicts with the computer, audio will not work at all, even with small
sonar projects. So, I am trying to plan ahead. Here is what I am thinking.

I'll keep the tascam, and try it out to see if it works and still purchase a
second audio interface. If the tascam happens to work, then I can chain the
two together and use audio on both units and maybe ditch the line mixer I am
using to get the keyboards into the system. If the tascam doesn't work, I
can use it for midi and control surface and use the audio interface for
getting the audio into the computer. I want to know from you all, with a
budge of no more than $900 at most, what audio interface I should go with
that will give me the inputs and outputs I need, and whose software control
panel will be accessible to Jaws. If the unit has effects or whatnot, that's
fine. Also, I am assuming I can connect the adat connector on the tascam to
the adat connector on the new interface and pipe the audio from the analog
ins to the adat into the new interface to double my inputs and outputs,
right? If so, am I thinking about this the right way or is my head firmly
planted in my posterior. Anyway, any suggestions would be hugely
appreciated, and I need information today because I have to call Bryan from
dancing dots back with an answer as soon as possible. Thanks.

--

Damon Fibraio

screen names -- aol: dfibraio...msn dfibraio@xxxxxxxxxxxx skype: dfibraio

personal music site: http://www.keyboardguy.com.

Internet Radio station: http://www.nhbradio.com

myspace: http://www.myspace.com/nhbdamon

Internet radio show every Wednesday night from 8 to 11 pm eastern