[ddots-l] Re: e: Re: dvice on External Sound Card

  • From: "Gordon Kent" <dbmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:39:07 -0500

Dave:
I just ordered a behringer 1204fx. This mixer os comferable to the more expensive Mackie 1202. It should be good for what you want. We can get it for you if you call the office. You can even go a little cheaper and get the ub1204 without effects, which you probably won't need unless you plan to also take the mixer out for live performance.
ALso, and I just found this out yesterday when I ordered it, there is a world tour bag available for it, which I would highly recommend if you plan to take it out. THe world tour bags are really nice, I have a couple for different devices.
Gord
----- Original Message ----- From: "dave wilkinson" <davewilkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Gordon Kent" <dbmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:43:25 -0500
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: dvice on External Sound Card

Hi dave:
Are you planning to use SOnar with it for multitrack recording?
If that is
the case, and you want to monitor through effects in realtime,
you would be
better off with the pcmcia card because the usb bus is not as
robust,
especially because most usb audio interfaces are still using
usb1.1. In
either case, you'll need a mixer or mic preamp if you plan to
record live
vocals.  The echo indigo i/o pcmcia card works quite well.
Gord