[ddots-l] Re: ddots- The trick is! was: guitar plugins

  • From: Jörgen Hansson <hansson.jogge@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 18:07:07 +0200

wow! do you know tha link to that one.
Regards,
Jörgen Hansson!
Tel +46 703-601296
www.jorgenhansson.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike Christer
  To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 5:50 PM
  Subject: [ddots-l] ddots- The trick is! was: guitar plugins

  Hey Jörgen & HF!

  You should get hold of Free Amp 3, its a little less processor hungry than
V2...

  Aside from that, I found that the Guitar Rig 2 & 3 versions were total shite,
until I plugged my guitar in to my Pod XT Pro before going in to my FW-1884.
  Using just the basic guitar preset tone, the one that's with no FX no
nothing, all of a sudden, Guitar Rig came to life...

  With a little tweeking in the inspector, I've been able to get some truly
magnificent sounds/tones out of these plug-ins, way, way superior to anything
Pod or Vox have ever given me...

  I've owned many amplifiers, everything from early Gibsons,  Vox AC30's,
Marshall stax, thru to Dual Rectifier's, and the sounds I can get out of Rig 2
& 3, don't just compare, they pretty much surpass the quality, with a lot less
hassle and disturbance to my environment...

  I jest you not, but with that tiny bit of pre-processing, I've discovered a
whole new world of virtual guitar, and believe me, it takes a shedload of
improvement to impress me...

  The Pod doesn't have to be one of the later models either, I've got 4 Pods,
and it worx with all of 'em!!!

  Laters

  Mike